This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing pike and low back discomfort

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, September 23, 2017 · 4 Replies · 98 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hello there,

I have been doing a 30s standing pike daily for a month or so. I changed the way I do it by holding it at 90 degrees and with strong APT (see pic below).

the issue is that I have been feeling some discomfort in my lower back, specially after front split (maybe a similar feeling to my first month of doing jeff curls).

Is this the right way to do it or too much arch also stresses lower back? I do it with hands in my knees also

IMG_2343.thumb.PNG.0da3667ed98232b154631fff06b195b7.PNG

I there other way to do it daily with less stress in lower back? (Maybe bending knees?)

Thanks!

Feli

Pauline Taube

Hi Felipe,

How is your low back feeling when keeping your pelvis neutral? Still focusing on lengthening from your spine. If this is putting on stress as well try to do the Stretch with bent knees :) 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hi @Pauline Taube

Will have to try with neutral pelvis tilt. Do you have a pic of a standing pike with bent knees so I follow?

I am also doing a 1 min left shoulder pancake daily  to correct imbalances.

thanks!

Feli

Pauline Taube

Standing pike with bent knees looks exactly the same as a regular pike, but instead of locking the knees you just keep a slight bend :) 

Please let us know how you go!

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Great will do!