This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pike stretch

Started by Johan Tideland, September 22, 2017 · 1 Replies · 82 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi

I have been doing the stretch series for a bit more than a year now and I have seen a lot of progress, my body also feel much better these days.

In the technique tip videos Wesley says that you should keep ATP and a flat back in the pike stretch if you can not get below 90 degrees. I guess that it is also good to keep the ATP as far down as possible but at some point a bit of rounding in the back is a must?

I can now go below 90 degrees in a pike stretch.

My question is simply: judging by the state my pike flexibility is in now, what is the best way for me to stretch it? with ATP and a flat back or can I round it and reach for the floor? should I perhaps stretch with bent knees and my torso flat against my quads?

Here is a video of my current flexibility in all of these positions

Thanks in advance

Johan

Pauline Taube

Hi Johan,

nice work and great question! 

Try to keep an APT as you lean forward until your about 90degrees. After this your back will round slightly as you go deeper into the Stretch. Try to focus on lengthening the spine. I like to hold on to my elbows or reaching backwards while trying to get my head closer to the ground :)