This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

wide hurdler stretch

Started by Johan Tideland, September 22, 2017 · 2 Replies · 92 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello

I have been doing the stretch series for a bit more than a year now and I have seen a lot of progress, my body also feels so much better now.

When I started doing the hurdler stretches I had to sit up my but on a book to even be able to do it. Now I have come further and I can quite comfortably sit flat on the floor with my but.

So far I have been using a strap to reach around my foot, however recently I have noticed that I can reach my toes with my hands if I want to but that makes me round my back quite a bit.

My question is: witch way should I do the wide hurdler stretch? with the strap or is it okay to have my hand on my toes? is there anything else I can improve on the stretch other than just keep grinding away.

Also do not that it I can not yet reach my toes in a comfortable way in the narrow hurdler stretch, therefore I will keep using the strap for now.

Wide hurdler stretch:

Thanks

Johan

Everett Carroll

Great questions, Johan, and excellent progress so far. 

I suggest using the strap for both variations still. You want to maintain anterior pelvic tilt and since grabbing your toes takes you out of that position in the wide hurdler, continue with the strap. If possible, shorten the strap slightly. That should be a good comprise between pulling directly on the feet and your current situation. 

Johan Tideland

Thanks for the Feedback Everett, I will keep using the strap for now :)