This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress or balanced progression

Started by Jonathan Mitchell 233254, September 20, 2017 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

Jonathan Mitchell 233254

Hi,

I have been working through Foundations One as best I can for about 7 months now. From the start I was able to master the SLS in all it's parts, I have made rapid progress with SL (PE5) despite having atrocious oblique strength starting. sPL is steadily improving and while I can do more work in good positions I tremble a little so have held myself back endeavouring to stop that! I've had bad Golfers elbow since last December so haven't been able to put much work into HBP or RC (I found at the start I couldn't do the straight arm work for sPL but that got much better). Where I'm struggling with is Mn and FL. While Mn is coming along (again I can do it but it hurts like nothing else! should you wait till it doesn't hurt or continue on?) FL just has been stone walling I can complete the 5x60s on PE1 although it hurts like hell, but can't make it past 4x36 with PE2. 

What I'm wondering is this. Do I continue to advance the skills as they come another words should I buy F2 so I can continue SLS, SL etc or should I wait to finish F1 in a balanced form then move on?

Hope this makes sense!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jonathan, before giving specific suggestion can I ask you to show a continuous set of PE1 and then some reps of PE2?