Is it normal for negative reps to go up in seconds on the first few of the set and then stay the same on the next reps or even go down over time? Seems to be whats happening to me.
Thank you,
Amebix
Started by Amebix138, March 18, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,679 Views
Is it normal for negative reps to go up in seconds on the first few of the set and then stay the same on the next reps or even go down over time? Seems to be whats happening to me.
Thank you,
Amebix
Well, I know on things like L-tucks, and L-sits, I can pushy my hips out much farther on the first two sets after I have supercompensated. Due to the quality being harder (better), it takes a little extra out of me, thus, my last sets are not as improved quality wise. I have had days where my first two sets were great, and my last 3 felt worse than ever.
I also remember a similar phenomena on pullup statics. I think it is normal.
Just sounds like normal fatigue.
You should either do a variation which allows you to maintain performance across all sets or not progress until performance is the same across all sets.