This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE9 L2V & iM

Started by Jin Liu, September 18, 2017 · 11 Replies · 136 Views

Jin Liu

First time trying these. Do they look ok?

 

 

Thanks!

Petri Widsten

Looking strong, @Jin Liu. I'd make sure every lift starts from horizontal legs. I hope there's no micro-bend in your knees (I can't really tell from the angle) :-)

Jin Liu
3 minutes ago, Petri Widsten said:

Looking strong, @Jin Liu. I'd make sure every lift starts from horizontal legs. I hope there's no micro-bend in your knees (I can't really tell from the angle) :-)

Hahaha, thanks! I'm not too surprised if my legs are micro bending. In fact I think they are, as my quads were seriously cramping in the first 2 sets. I had to stop & massage them before this set. Doing front squats before these is not a good idea!

Mark Schoenhard

I like the deep squat with the chest compressed against thighs during the iM. Keep that when the legs straighten and then let the head come to the shins. You will have some serious compression in your pike. Nice one.

Is the weight hanging freely below the bench?

Jin Liu
7 minutes ago, Mark Schoenhard said:

I like the deep squat with the chest compressed against thighs during the iM. Keep that when the legs straighten and then let the head come to the shins. You will have some serious compression in your pike. Nice one.

Is the weight hanging freely below the bench?

Thanks! The weight is actually pressed against the bench as I stand up. I was using it to pull myself down more. Now that you brought it up, free hanging weights will add some instability and require more control in the pike. Will try some heavier weight next time, and let it free hang. Thanks for the tip :)

Mark Schoenhard
11 minutes ago, Jin Liu said:

Thanks! The weight is actually pressed against the bench as I stand up. I was using it to pull myself down more. Now that you brought it up, free hanging weights will add some instability and require more control in the pike. Will try some heavier weight next time, and let it free hang. Thanks for the tip :)

Allowing the weight to hang freely will help open the shoulders. Pulling it under your feet increases the benefits of this movement.

Jin Liu

How do these look?

Weight more than doubled in the squat, and is free hanging more. It does open up the shoulders. I also wobble more as I straighten my legs too. Had to go slower.

Mark Schoenhard

That's the way.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jin , can you film a side view of the stallbar work?

Jin Liu
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Jin , can you film a side view of the stallbar work?

Here it is @Alessandro Mainente. Thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Locked knees ;-)? The tempo is perfect. be sure that they are locked.

Jin Liu
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Locked knees ;-)? The tempo is perfect. be sure that they are locked.

Thanks Alessandro! I'll try my best to keep the knees lock throughout the lifts.