This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pre-workout supplements

Started by David Belcher, September 16, 2017 · 5 Replies · 190 Views

David Belcher

Team,

What's the thoughts on pre-workout supplements?

Thanks!

David

Mark Schoenhard

When I started following Thrive 1 nearly two years ago I stopped using supplements with the understanding that Thrive 2 would offer direction on how to supplement. I have realized that with the guidance of Thrive 1 I have established a nutritional foundation where I don't have any reason to use supplements. I have gained muscle, lost fat, recover quickly, little to no inflammation and feel great.

Jon Douglas

Pretty much the same to be honest. I find stimulants in most preworkouts to be non-conducive to more complex elements like free hspu, so i stopped using them. Now i find i don't suffer without them.

Oscar Riaño

Is there any elite gymnast not taking supplements? 

Everett Carroll

I like a little (okay, maybe a lot) of caffeine before a workout. That's it for me. When it comes to consuming things like pre-workout powders, I save my money. 

Adrian Theopold

Same as Everett, I usally don't drink caffeine at all, but only (sometimes) before Foundation workouts.

Interestingly I have the best results with a not too high - too low dose, meaning around 15-20g of ground coffe brewed in a french press. Which probably amounts to ~120-140g of caffeine I guess?