This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow position while extended

Started by Dominik Greven, September 16, 2017 · 3 Replies · 46 Views

Dominik Greven

Hi everyone, 

I have a quick question regarding the elbows. 

When the exercises require locked elbows and I am, let's say, on all fours - where should the back of the elbow (the olecranon) be facing. There a two possible directions that I can get into and I'm confused as to which one is better (any maybe why) or at least which one is more beneficial in the long run in regards to GST. 

The elbows could be facing backwards in the direction of my legs or they could be facing outwards away from each other. Both positions are possible while maintaining an fully extended elbow joint. 

 

Thanks for thinking about it!

Dominik

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Dominik I think that at the point of fundamentals you should not focus too much on this detail. I would arrange differently the elbows position only in case of joints pain.

Dominik Greven

Okay, so too much detail ya?

I'll keep practicing as it comes then and I will be looking forward to figuring it out along the way

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is okay to be a critic with ourselves but it is like when we need to drink a couple of water in order to be alive, does make sense to spend too many days on thinking how to gran the glass?

If in any doubt upload a video of your exercise here and tag for a more accurate tip!!!