Hi,
After my headstand in HS PE2, I feel some stiffness in my neck that could last days. It's not big enough to stop me to do anything, but it still bothers me. Is it normal?
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, September 16, 2017 · 2 Replies · 36 Views
Hi,
After my headstand in HS PE2, I feel some stiffness in my neck that could last days. It's not big enough to stop me to do anything, but it still bothers me. Is it normal?
Thanks!
Hey @Étienne Lajeunesse
I wouldn't exactly call this occurrence normal, but it does happen to some people. If you are feeling stiffness in your neck after headstand I would recommend doing these three things (in this order):
That should do the trick!
59 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:Hey @Étienne Lajeunesse
I wouldn't exactly call this occurrence normal, but it does happen to some people. If you are feeling stiffness in your neck after headstand I would recommend doing these three things (in this order):
- Rest from headstand progressions until the stiffness reduces. No goal is worth risking strain or injury.
- Decrease volume to allow your neck to adjust to supporting the weight of your body.
- Adjust your head position to decompress your neck by tucking your chin into your neck slightly. This will give you a sensation of lengthening through your neck.
That should do the trick!
Hi Mikey,
My next handstand training would be on monday. I'll let the weekend pass and see how it goes.
Thank you for these tips ![]()