I injured my right arm (Bicep) a while back (6 months or so) doing wide grip pull ups. I went to the doctor, who didn't tell me much and just referred me to physio. The physiotherapist wasn't able to determine what the issue was, and I've already been suggested by Jeff to get a second opinion by another physiotherapist. Hopefully doing so may highlight what the issue is, but with how things felt/feel I'm pretty sure I may have tore the long head of my bicep.
I was wondering if any of the other coaches has had experience with this type of injury before and if you had any exercise recommendations to help rehab and heal things back to baseline. I'm able to modify pull activities to allow a low volume of work to be done without any agitation or pain, but I'm not sure if there are other things I could be doing to help with the healing process.
any thoughts?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Biceps Injury
Started by Shane Rakowski, September 15, 2017 · 2 Replies · 67 Views
Hey Shane,
Sorry to hear about the injury. Unfortunately, we (forum coaches) are not in a position to comment on injuries. We can only suggest you visit a physio and follow the advice of medical professionals. Over the computer, it is unsafe, unreliable, and ill-advised for us to attempt providing specific help or information on injuries, especially undiagnosed ones.
We wish you a swift recovery. Please keep us updated as you work with your doctors and get back to training.
Hey Everett,
Thank you for the reply and completely understand.
I will go check with another physio to see if the issue can be identified and hopefully I can formulate a solution.
Thanks!