This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Carrying on with the basics

Started by Ricky Butler, September 15, 2017 · 1 Replies · 122 Views

Ricky Butler

Hi All, 

May I ask anyone that has completed F1 and F2 whether they still add push ups, dips, ground rows and pull ups (the basics) into their routine or stop once they move on to more difficult progression? I know we can use completed progressions in our warm up but is it recommend in our routines with some added resistance I.e weights vest etc. 

If so do you recommend doing them after an upper body day, before an upper body day or on a separate day?

Many thanks 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Ricky,

I know I've already linked you to this thread but here it is for others to reference: 

Aside from warming up and cooling down, you should mostly avoid the other progressions. A little play after workouts is fine but your energy should be focused mostly on your current progression. Save your strength and put the rest of your resources and motivation towards mobility, skill work, and recovery.  On the same note, if you want to play with some weighted dips after mastering them at bodyweight, keep that play confined to post-workout on upper body workout days.