This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pe2

Started by Valerie Morwood, September 15, 2017 · 11 Replies · 126 Views

Valerie Morwood

I can easily do step 9, but I want to make sure my form is ok before I move to pe3. Thanks for checking my form.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Valerie,

It looks like you're doing a great job. Before moving on, work on elevating the arms more on your iM. Your goal is to hit a 90 degree angle with the hands shoulder width apart. Once you are able to do this with an unweighted bar, add weight little by little until you can do it with 3-4 Kg (5-8 lbs) on the bar.

In the meantime, keep working on the stability of your handstand. Spending a bit more time perfecting your balance will make a world of difference down the line.

Valerie Morwood

how is my form now after a few more weeks?

 

Valerie Morwood

The weight on the bar is 4lb.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Valerie, remember that the first goal it is the range of motion, if you cannot show proper 90° flexion you need to:

-reduce the weight

or

-increase the grip.

Jennifer Marie
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Valerie, remember that the first goal it is the range of motion, if you cannot show proper 90° flexion you need to:

-reduce the weight

or

-increase the grip.

Oh! Good to know. I've been focusing on keeping the grip at or close to ideal width, and inching the bar up a little bit higher each week. Instead, you'd recommend starting with a grip that allows for the proper height, and inching the hands in? I can work with that. Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

Oh! Good to know. I've been focusing on keeping the grip at or close to ideal width, and inching the bar up a little bit higher each week. Instead, you'd recommend starting with a grip that allows for the proper height, and inching the hands in? I can work with that. Thanks!

Absolutely YES, this it is the focal point for all the weighted bar mobility work.

Valerie Morwood

Ok. I went back to bar only. Is this height high enough?

 

Valerie Morwood

Another question. I only have handstand 1 right now. Would it be ok for me to start handstand 2? Or should I wait til I make further progress with H1?

Pauline Taube

Hi Valerie,

You can perfectly fine combine the H2 course with H1. 

Handstand Two Preparatory Elements can be started alongside H1 so long as you have made some progress in your pancake flexibility. The specific Press Handstand elements will require a basic freestanding handstand.

 

Valerie Morwood

Hi Pauline, thanks for the advice about h2. Here are videos of my pancake. Is it good enough to get started on h2? Or should i keep working on it for a few more weeks (or months)?

 

Pauline Taube

Thanks for the videos, Valerie. I'd say go for the H2 course and keep working on your pancake. It will also improve further as you do this course :)