This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC going back to PE1

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, September 14, 2017 · 7 Replies · 178 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

I tried yesterday to come back to some previous elements for a change in my training and the RC PE1 really got me hard.

I'm at RC PE2 right now and as I did my PE1, I found that I never really used my scapula retraction at its best.  So, it was harder than before.

Now, I have to let my ego aside and come back to really master PE1.

Here's a form check, you'll see that I have some hard times doing the last reps.  Any other things to fix? Thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

Keep your tempo more steady. You had a couple of long pauses during the rows. 

Keep your glutes strongly engaged during the rows. 

Nice job otherwise. 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Thanks @Everett Carroll,

That's what I said, very hard last set, I will do it from de beginning!

Jennifer Marie

I love these forum checks. My coach cues "squeeze your butt" in handstand practice and sometimes I can't see what she sees in others, despite us ladies wear the snug little booty shorts. How you, Everett, can tell Etienne is not keeping glutes engaged in baggy shorts is beyond me. But I'm glad you can.

I have learned to appreciate a coach's eye so much! Kudos to all of your training and hard work.

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Everett Carroll,  here's RC PE1 fixed.  How does it look like?

 

Thanks :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Etiènne, NIce range of motion here. I would reduce a bit the tempo in the ascent part.

Suzanna McGee
On 9/14/2017 at 11:41 AM, Jennifer Marie said:

How you, Everett, can tell Etienne is not keeping glutes engaged in baggy shorts is beyond me. But I'm glad you can.

I think you can tell because his body line is breaking. It's not straight all the time, the glutes "sink"… aka, they are not engaged  :-) 

Jennifer Marie

Ah, ok, @Suzanna McGee now that you mention it, I do see a little of that. Thanks!