This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE2

Started by Ryan Segervall, September 13, 2017 · 4 Replies · 237 Views

Ryan Segervall

- I already know that this is full of issues. I marked this 3x6 volume as to difficult. I saw my range of motion decrease big time by the 3rd set, so I will regress to 3x3. I was curious if I should raise the rings up to be able to have a higher working volume to start with or slug it out and climb from 3x3 to 5x15 over the upcoming months. Any recommendations. 

 

Also is my Body line okay? I see a slight arch as I pull as compensation when things get hard in the last set. Thoughts? thanks!

 

Also is this PE2 or PE3? there is some conflicting data between the workout main page and the instructional video

Tanya Hill

Hi Ryan, 

1. The Ground Rows are PE2. You have a great postion as far as being under the rings, I would not raise the rings but you can take one small step back.

2. I recommend you scale back and crank on 3x3, work the top of the row since that is where the range of motion decreases when you add volume. 

3. Body line, looking solid. To alleviate the arch in your back, keep a tight squeeze in the glutes to pull the abs in and keep them engaged, hit that Posterior Pelvic Tilt.  

Nice work buddy, I'd say in a week or two you will be back at 3x6. ;)

Ryan Segervall

Thanks for the feed back @Tanya Hill I'll dial it back to 3x3 for the next couple of weeks! 

Ryan Segervall

- just wanted to check in. Last week I did 5x3 this week I did 6x3 and I think next week ill go for 3x6. How do things look? Am I getting ahead of myself with this progression, would you prefer me to stay at 6x3 for another little bit to dial things in more?

 

Thanks!

Ryan Segervall

 - hey guys my progress with this PE has been crawling. Ive been on 4x6 for the past 8 weeks and am now doing 5x6 before trying 4x9. the jump from 4x6 to 4x9 has been near impossible in previous attempts. 

 

just curious if there is any tips out there for breaking plateaus outside of what im doing. Or is this rate of progress somewhat expected? I know a lot of people out there are struggling to make consistent jumps in volume. 

this is my last 4 sets of 5x6 done yesterday.