This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Strenght work + GST (complete pack)

Started by Francesco paolo Salerno, September 13, 2017 · 2 Replies · 125 Views

Francesco paolo Salerno

Hello everyone! I would like to know how to integrate my strength training with bench and squat (5x5 / 1RM) with GST training (foundation and handstand). Consider the two and three times a week. Thank u!

Everett Carroll

Hi Francesco, 

Thanks for reaching out. We do not generally comment on routines and programming structure outside of our area of expertise. As a basic rule, simply be respectful of your recovery abilities. When beginning a new weekly structure, it's best to start with less volume rather than more.

For our courses, we recommend beginning by performing each workout only once per week. You can always gradually increase from there but be sure to spend at least one month on a given schedule before making an adjustment. 

Jennifer Marie

Keep your lifting coach in the loop on what from GB makes you sore (requires more recover) and s/he can adjust your volume accordingly.

For me, I had to minimize how often I did jerks and presses as I worked through the first couple of months of Foundations because all the push-ups, planks, and other arm supporting stuff had my shoulders and wrists sore until I adjusted to the workload.

I'm back in action now, and even PRd my bench last night despite the low volume lately, so it will pay off if you listen to your body's demands for recovery.