This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE 2 mobility

Started by Valerie Morwood, September 13, 2017 · 2 Replies · 115 Views

Valerie Morwood

At home I use a 5lb weight to do the hbp PE2 mobility (xiaopeng forward). Last week, I was on vacation and I only had a bottle of liquid weighing 1-2lb for the mobility, and I was able to keep up with the videos much easier than when I use the 5lb. With the lower weight I completed PE2/step 5 with the video, but when I came back to the 5lb weight today, it took me 45sec longer than the video to complete it. 

So, should I keep using the 5lb weight, and plugging away until I can do it consistently in time with the video? Or, should I go to a lighter weight? If I use a lighter weight, I will probably progress to pe3 faster.

Tanya Hill

Hi Valerie, 

Great question. You definitely want to keep up with the video. So I would slowly increase your weight to maybe 4lbs and see if you can complete the video. 

Send us over a video. 

Tobias Karlsson

Also what is it with the higher weight that makes it difficult? In my experience speed makes this movement easier. What I have done is to start with one weight that was easy and progressively increase the weight. By doing that I have gone from 8 lb to 16 lb rather fast. increase have been only 2 lb at a time. Hence from my experience taking small steps make you progress faster.

 

Cheers.