This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE 2

Started by Zachary Ladwig, September 12, 2017 · 10 Replies · 139 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! Trying SL PE 2. The first side looks better than the second side to me, but what do you think?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary can you shoot a video from the front, I want to see if you hold properly the angle between the upper arm and the upper body. this is necessary in order to check that the elbow reaches the floor due to a twist in the spine.

Zachary Ladwig

Sure! @Alessandro Mainente Here is from the front. 

Here the 2nd side looks good to me and first side looks off 

Alessandro Mainente

As I was suspecting you are reaching the floor with the elbows. as the opposite your should hold the same upper arm abduction as in the beginning of the video (you should feel the posterior delt squeezed) and the thing about twisting at the spine.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

 

thank you! Is this looking any better. I tried to bring the elbow back and make the rotation from the spine. 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

In case of doubts, you need to feel the posterior delt burns. this will ensure that no adduction from the arm it is showed.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente thank you!! 

I have tried to fix my technique, but now the exercise feels so difficult! I can barely go half-way down. Am I doing it correctly? How else should I practice? 

front 

side 

iM

 

Alessandro Mainente

I happy to hear your sensation and happy with your effort!

the fact that it is harder it is a sign of weakness and you are here exactly to fix it!

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

 

still on in these after all this time 

 

 

Still it seems too much movement in my side body. How does it look to you? 

 

Zachary Ladwig

Also the iM needs review - how does it look? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice control of your elbow. now is ok!