This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated bridge preparatory step

Started by Thomas Nordman, September 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 83 Views

Thomas Nordman

Hi all,

Like many others I need a preparatory step building up to the elevated bridge. From other forum posts I understand that the handstand against wall variation is a good start. I tried this the other night and need your opinion on form etc:

 

I tried to push my chest out the best I could and this position worked my rear delts more than anything else. Ok?

Should legs be bent or straight or does that not matter?

I've seen recommendations to do the elevated and inverted cat stretches through out the week so that is also part of the plan, as well as foam rolling. What is a good schedule here,  daily or 2-3 times per week? 60 or 90 s? (Frequency recommendations seem to vary a bit on the forum.)

 

Thanks,

Thomas

Pauline Taube

Hi Thomas!

Nice work. For now you can keep the knees bent, the most important thing is that you can get into a comfortable position where you feel the Stretch the right places. As your mobility improves and you are able to get into a full elevated bridge you will need to work on straighten out those legs :) 

You can do these stretches daily but make sure to keep the intensity low. 

Let us know if you have other questions, looking forward to see your Bridge progress :) 

Thomas Nordman

Thanks @Pauline Taube for the quick answer. Appreciate it. I'll make sure to keep you updated on my progress. :)