This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Crab => tendonitis & AC join damage (pre-"crab" suggestions?)

Started by Andre Chaperon, September 11, 2017 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Andre Chaperon

I have VERY poor shoulder mobility.

Last year I started doing the "Crab" from Fundamentals - and pulled/tore the tendon from my left shoulder (diagnosed by our orthopedic surgeon). I took 2 months to recover.

A month ago I decided to give the "Crab" another try - and this time I damaged my AC joint (same shoulder). Again this was diagnosed by our orthopedic surgeon through an xray. Although not as painful as the tendon injury, I'm still out for a few weeks while the inflammation goes down.

I'm reluctant to try the Crab a third time - but I also want to fix the terrible mobility in my shoulders.

Would LOVE some suggestions that I can perhaps perform BEFORE retrying the Crab down the line?

Thanks a ton in advance! :)

Andre

Everett Carroll

Hi Andre,

Again, I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. I suggest working closely with a physio to ensure you don't get injured again. Before providing scaled versions of crab, I'd be very curious to hear what a physio has to say about the cause of the issue and how they suggest proceeding. I'd hate to suggest a different shoulder extension exercise, easier or not, and have you re-injure the area again. This needs to be closely looked at by a specialist.  

Andre Chaperon

Everett, okay thanks - will book an appointment with the physio and see what he says. Will report back.

Andre