This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1/5.1 form check

Started by Devon O'Neal, September 10, 2017 · 5 Replies · 88 Views

Devon O'Neal

Hello! I was wondering if I was doing the headstand forward roll correctly. I am also unsure if the intermediate tumbling section was to be started before mastering all of the beginner section. I felt like I was ready to start the intermediate section and it was fun. Thank you!

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Devon,

Here is the link to the movement courses intro article which explains how to progress: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/movement-intro/

My feedback for this exercise:

1. Your hands are too wide. Place your hands roughly shoulder width apart and maintain a 90-degree angle at the elbows. 

2. Nice press up. 

Devon O'Neal
13 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

1. Your hands are too wide. Place your hands roughly shoulder width apart and maintain a 90-degree angle at the elbows. 

Thank you! I will continue to work on this.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Devon, 

As an addition to Everett's hand placement cue, it seems that your head placement is nearly in line with your hands. When your hands and head make contact with the floor, they should form an equilateral triangle, meaning the distance between all three points of contact should be the same distance from each other. 

Devon O'Neal
1 hour ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

When your hands and head make contact with the floor, they should form an equilateral triangle, meaning the distance between all three points of contact should be the same distance from each other.

Great advice, thank you!

Devon O'Neal

I have worked on your suggestions Everett and Mikey, and the move feels much smoother. I haven't had a chance to record myself to evaluate, but I will continue to practice. Thank you!