For purposes of advancing to the next step, I understand that we need to master both strength and mobility. However, for the shoulder dislocates with the weighted bar, does mastery mean doing it at shoulder + hand width? I'm am able to do the dislocates but no where near mastery width. Do I need to mark these workout sessions as "Failed Mobility"?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Shoulder Dislocates Mobility Mastery
Started by George Chung, September 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 255 Views
Hey @George Chung
Yes, the mastery requirement for shoulder dislocates is shoulder width+ 1 hand width on each side. Doing so will ensure that your shoulder musculature is well prepared for future handstand work.
We recommend marking it failed mobility if you do not meet this requirement.
If this task seems daunting I recommend revisiting the following iM's for HS1
-seated shoulder flexion
-standing shoulder extension
If you would like to post a form check of these exercises (either in The forum or from your dashboard) We can use them to identify where you are struggling.
Read the following thread on the topic. Shoulder Dislocates