This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand Question and Props

Started by Sara Ortlip, September 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 81 Views

Sara Ortlip

Hi. This is my first time here. I just signed up for handstand 1 and wondering if I should be able to master a straight leg lift into handstand by the end, or if that is in handstand 2. I am able to kick up into handstand and hold, but not for as long as I'd like. Also, what size weighted bar do you recommend? I'm loving the program and excited to tackle the others.

Pauline Taube

Hi Sara,

thank you for reaching out.

In Handstand One you will build up to a 1 minute handstand focusing on building strength and mobility in the shoulder girdle as well as improving the body line.

In the Handstand Two course you will begin press to Handstand work. 

The weigthed bar should be around 5-10lbs for mastery, but it's completely fine to start off with a dowel to begin with. 

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the program, please let us know if you have any further questions :) 

Sara Ortlip

Thank you!