This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Pine walk - looking for alternative

Started by Dave Scharbach, September 7, 2017 · 9 Replies · 136 Views

Dave Scharbach

Hello All, 

I don't have access to the bars in order to do the verticle pine walk. Can somebody please suggest an alternative to this? (In core workout series)

Thanks,

Dave

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Dave,

This exercise can easily be done using a Smith Machine at your local gym or the ladder on some local playground equipment.

Dave Scharbach

Hi Jeffrey, 

How would this be done using a smith machine? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Dave,

Rather than walking your feet towards your hands, walk your hands towards your feet by placing the bar at different heights on the rack. A squat rack will also do the trick.

Dave Scharbach

ok thanks - trying to picture this. Is the bar stationary? and are you doing this while sitting down? 

Dave Scharbach

by stationary I mean are you moving the bar during the 'walks'? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Dave, you need to change the height every time. unfortunately, I still do not understand how it is possible that gyms do not have stall bar.

Suzanna McGee
9 hours ago, Dave Scharbach said:

by stationary I mean are you moving the bar during the 'walks'? 

Search the forums, somebody just very recently was posting a (video) form check and doing just what Alessandro mentions, moving the bar down, rather than the feet up, on the Smith machine. 

Lucy Wilkins
19 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

unfortunately, I still do not understand how it is possible that gyms do not have stall bar.

Me too ! its immensely frustrating. If anyone knows of a gym with SBs in the UK Birmingham/Worcester area please let me know  ( sorry for post hijack) :) 

Tanya Hill

Soon the gyms will catch up!! ;)