GPP/Basic Biomotor Abilities Resources

Started by Charlie Reid, September 6, 2017 · 2 Replies · 2,487 Views

Charlie Reid

Does anyone on the forum know of any oldbooks (possibly from soviet or Eastern European texts) on GPP or how to establish and structure training and development of basic biomotor abilities ? 

Been inspired by seeing old videos of Thorkildsen, Polish weightlifting, and others doing GPP work which seems, to my eye at least, to be absent from modern sport conditioning. Modern GPP looks more like pushing sleds and less like gymnastics. 

Maybe old physical education textbooks might shed some light?

 

Suzanna McGee

I don't have any answer for you @Charlie Reid, but thanks for posting the videos. I grew up in the communist Czechoslovakia in the 60s and 70s, so the videos made me reminisce when I was training as a young athlete. However, I don't remember any resources/books… 

Everett Carroll
2 hours ago, Charlie Reid said:

Does anyone on the forum know of any oldbooks (possibly from soviet or Eastern European texts) on GPP or how to establish and structure training and development of basic biomotor abilities ? 

Very cool videos! Thanks for sharing. I don't have any old texts to cite either but I sure am happy to be working on the most effective physical prep out there :)! It was cool to see the similarities.