This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Am I eating too much meat/fish?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, September 6, 2017 · 6 Replies · 84 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys, I think I'm becoming too paranoid, but I think it's better for me to ask about this topic.

My weight is about 53 kg (height 163 cm), and I've been following all thrive tasks everyday, specifically a protein source at each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

Just to give an idea this is how I assume protein during the day:

- breakfast: 3 whole eggs or 225 gr greek yogurt

- lunch: meat or fish (around 250 gr)

- dinner: meat or fish (same as lunch, about 250 gr)

With such quantities, I realized my weight remains pretty much the same, so I think my overall quantity of calories assumed is ok. I see with a few calories calculators that I'm assuming about 2100 calories x day, but I don't trust at all this data, and I don't know if it's too high/too low. 

I've read that I should not worry about the overall amount of protein, but considering we are all different, and my weight is clearly low, I wonder if I should adjust such quantities. (e.g. Maybe should I lower proteins and at the same time to add more fat/carbs)?

Thank you all!

Alessandro

Jeff Serven

if you are interested to see you're weight go keep protein the same and up the other two for a few weeks. See what happens. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

You really eat a lot for your size. I remember reading one of your post where you say you eat about 120 gr of rice or similar on each meal. 120 gr rice +250 gr of meat/fish!! Guau! I guess you can eat a lot without getting fat. I m 178 cm and 73 kg and if I eat that much I think would get fat. 2100 calories seems too little. Are you eating only 3 times a day? I need to eat 4 times. Maybe that s the reason is just 2100 and also maybe you don t eat too much fat.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
11 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

You really eat a lot for your size. I remember reading one of your post where you say you eat about 120 gr of rice or similar on each meal. 120 gr rice +250 gr of meat/fish!! Guau! I guess you can eat a lot without getting fat. I m 178 cm and 73 kg and if I eat that much I think would get fat. 2100 calories seems too little. Are you eating only 3 times a day? I need to eat 4 times. Maybe that s the reason is just 2100 and also maybe you don t eat too much fat.

Yep, @Antonio Alías Montoya,  I eat 120 gr of rice, and also about 350-360 gr of white/sweet potatoes. I also eat quite often acorn squash, about 4 times a week, and Jeff confirmed  me that it is  basically an all you can eat meal, due to the the very low amount of calories. 

I have 3 main meals a day, plus in the afternoon when I eat some fruits before workout (e.g. 1 banana/ a few apricots and some berries). Regarding fat sources, I have fat sources at breakfast (greek yogurt and eggs) and I dress my lunch mixed salad with a couple of tablespoon extravirgin olive oil. Maybe I could add some nuts for snack in the morning, because 6-7 hours occur between breakfast and lunch, and during the morning I start to feel very hungry, but I realized that they produce a bit of intestinal disorder (the more I eat the more the pain, even though it disappears after 20-30 minutes), so I tend to not eat them.   

I could follow Jeff advice, firstly to reduce squash, and add more rice or potatoes and see what happens. If I gain quickly some weight, I could think to reduce the amount of animal protein (e.g. no more than 200 gr) and see what happens.

 

Antonio Alías Montoya

@Alessandro Di Sanzo is not clear to me if you want to add weight or to remain in your weight? I think you shouldnt cut protein. What s the reason are you worried about the protein intake? Is a calorie issue? Or some kind of animal issue?

I want to lose some fat but I think I haven t being honest with myself and have been eating too much junk food. I must start adding more quantity of good food and eliminate the junk. I will step back.

By the way I see you progress is going pretty good on foundation, congratulations!

Alessandro Di Sanzo
1 hour ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

@Alessandro Di Sanzo is not clear to me if you want to add weight or to remain in your weight? I think you shouldnt cut protein. What s the reason are you worried about the protein intake? Is a calorie issue? Or some kind of animal issue?

I want to lose some fat but I think I haven t being honest with myself and have been eating too much junk food. I must start adding more quantity of good food and eliminate the junk. I will step back.

By the way I see you progress is going pretty good on foundation, congratulations!

Basically It's all about to get the most on health and performance, nothing more, I'm not really interested in gaining weight/muscle mass or lose fat. Recently I read something about the daily protein intake, I'm not sure but I think my assumption are significantly higher than 2.0 gr/day. Ok, I train very often, so I need protein, but my low weight made me think that among that overall 2100 calories, the comsuption in proportion of protein is very high, and at the same time carbs/fat are lower than I should have. If I have a look on some calories calculator apps, well... forget that, I eat too much of everything! :lol: Let's see what happens in the next weeks! I'm going to give un update!

Thanks for your interest @Antonio Alías Montoya!!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Ok, I see. I d recommend you to calculate yourself your macros. Good luck!