This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My 1-year GST Anniversary — thank you!

Started by Suzanna McGee, September 5, 2017 · 17 Replies · 648 Views

Suzanna McGee

August/September has been my one-year anniversary with the Gymnastic Bodies. I was 51 years old when I found  this program and it has become a blessing in my life. I never thought that I would want to learn "gymnastic things", I just wanted to learn a handstand… very shortly after the handstand I bought all stretches and all foundations. I am truly enjoying myself—the journey of patience and discipline (and sometimes frustrations) and consistency. One year later, I have progressed much faster in certain elements and way too slow in others. But I have learned to enjoy the process rather than rushing somewhere, to some certain progression.

I've learned so much from all of you, amazing coaches, and my fellow trainees. I watch every form check, and read every advice that was given to every one of you.

And for the past 9 months, I have not missed a workout. (that one little empty square in January and February I just forgot to log in my workout, which was really irritating that I was so careless… I was very careful not to forget again :P )

Thank you all, and a special thanks to @Coach Sommer for creating this treasure—a piece of art—of health and strength for us, "regular" (non-gymnast) people. 

 

59ae1e8996437_ScreenShot2017-09-01at5_35_09PM.png.153e6a7a3b623f2e2ce1cc41f9d9d2b9.png

59ae1e63b6051_GSTtrainingJuly2017.png.2865dd285596ee065ca71414007fec5e.png

59ae1e64261a4_GSTtrainingJune2017.png.b314a44de8558be9898c4749aefa7396.png

59ae1e647596d_GSTtrainingMay2017.png.70d130d7c7f46d611df1061aac84c1cc.png

59ae1e300439b_GSTApril2017workouthistory.png.e37d2a4f1ce2dabceccf35667be78190.png

59ae1e1163b13_GSTworkouthistoryMarch2017.png.911577e2c7c5b04c01dd679bbc0c56c0.png

59ae1df85d6ef_GSTworkoutlogFebruary2017.png.14ee1de1abfc88ef44540253dba12cd7.png

59ae1dd835d9f_GSTtrainingJanuary.png.53d6235f58d3504ab3ececfaabb40ce0.png

59ae1ecd96336_GSTworkoutlogDecember2016.png.d9e5e94b1d49534f4f0718cca2cce38e.png

Alessandro Mainente

Congratulations Jin for the consistency and the hard work!

Tobias Karlsson

That is awesomely consistent!!!! Great work!

Elias Lehtinen

That is a workout history to be proud of! Well done Suzanna!

Jin Liu
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Congratulations Jin for the consistency and the hard work!

Lol, I think you meant to say Suzanna :P. I wish I can be as consistent as her. Good job Suzanna!! You nailed it!!

Tanya Hill

Great motivation Suzanna. Thank you for sharing. ;)

Everett Carroll

THAT'S what I call consistency! Great job, Suzanna!!! B-)

Jeffrey Bittner

Super cool, Suzanna! Way to stick it out, even on the hard days. Keep getting after it!

Leo Trinidad

Well done Suzanna. Now thats a workout history! B-)

Masakutchi Ito

Wow, Suzanna, you are just inspirational!! :)

Suzanna McGee

And here we go, one more great month… I truly had days that I just did NOT want to move, but I did… and once I started, it felt all just fine. 

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.24.42 PM.png

Nick Murray

There needs to be a GB "Beast" t-shirt for people like you, Suzanna!

Joshua Hibbert

That's awesome commitment Suzanna.  It's great to here stories like yours, it really helps to keep me motivated.

Suzanna McGee
21 hours ago, Nick Murray said:

There needs to be a GB "Beast" t-shirt for people like you, Suzanna!

I would proudly wear it if I had it  :-) 

Greg White

Wow! Well done. That is seriously impressive.

(Movie voiceover) Suzanna McGee has become Suzanna MacHine........

 

Adam Porter

Nice work Suzanna!

And thanks for reminding me that *I* started in September of last year. Awesome!

Suzanna McGee

And another month added :P

 

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 9.12.12 PM.png

Suzanna McGee

November done…  while I have not been moving up much to the new progressions, I can for sure feel better muscle engagement...

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 8.30.23 PM.png