Hello! I have been working on my full squat and would appreciate some critique on my form. I believe I am ready to move to the next progression, but I am unsure. Thank you for your time!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Devon O'Neal, September 4, 2017 · 4 Replies · 45 Views
Hello! I have been working on my full squat and would appreciate some critique on my form. I believe I am ready to move to the next progression, but I am unsure. Thank you for your time!
Hi Devon,
Nice job! I suggest spending a little bit more time perfecting this progression before moving on. As you squat, try to sit up as tall as possible. Aim to keep your spine in a straight, vertical line. Also work on getting your gluts slightly closer to the floor. It is hard to tell because of the angle of the video, but make sure that your weight is over your heels on your squats.
Your iM looks pretty good. Work on building more ROM in the front of your circle on both legs. You can see in your video that your knee tends to skip the front/upper quarter of your leg circle. Try to complete a full 360 degree circle with the knees on each rep.
Thank you, Jeffrey! I notice when I start to lean back over my heels more, that I tend to lose my balance and fall backward. I have had surgery on my left leg and I have screws near my ankle and knee, which I think is the cause of my limited mobility on my left side when compared to my right side. Are there any exercises for mobility that would be useful for me? When I do the Achilles stretch in the front split series, I notice that my mobility is limited on the left side. Would limited hip mobility cause me to fall backward too? I really appreciate your time and expertise.
Hey Devon,
This limitation is absolutely contributing to your lack of balance. I hope it can be improved, but It's impossible for us to say exactly how limited you may be due to your prior surgery and the remaining metal. If there is potential for increased ROM, the front split series will make it happen. When performing the single sided achilles stretches in that series, begin with the tighter side, switch, and then do a third set on the tight side. This MAY help to balance them out. If you have any more questions about the FS Series, please post them in that subforum.
Thanks, Everett! I will perform some extra sets on the tighter side.