This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 + iM Form Check

Started by Benjamin Nutt, September 4, 2017 · 17 Replies · 252 Views

Benjamin Nutt

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Benjamin only 2 tips:

-try to move (in the IM) your lower shoulder in the midline of your body (actually, you are tilting it to the side)

-on the PE you need to begin the shoulder lift when your arm reaches approximately the vertical position.

Benjamin Nutt

 

@Alessandro Mainente, how do these look?

Luke Searra

Hello Benjamin,

Great job once again in this submission.

For your Stiff Legged Windmill I would like to see you windmill sideways instead of forwards (if this makes sense), I would also like to see you keep the weight more vertical.

For your tuck-up I would like you to keep your arms locked and bring them downward as you tuck so that they are in line with your shins. (This will help you tuck more).

Benjamin Nutt
On 9/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Luke Searra said:

Hello Benjamin,

Great job once again in this submission.

For your Stiff Legged Windmill I would like to see you windmill sideways instead of forwards (if this makes sense), I would also like to see you keep the weight more vertical.

For your tuck-up I would like you to keep your arms locked and bring them downward as you tuck so that they are in line with your shins. (This will help you tuck more).

Thanks, Luke. Missed the advice on the tuck-up, but I'll keep that in mind next time I train this.

in the meantime, I tried to windmill more "sideways," but I'm not sure that I did it correctly. Mind taking a look?

I really want to get this one locked down!

Benjamin Nutt
On 9/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Luke Searra said:

Hello Benjamin,

Great job once again in this submission.

For your Stiff Legged Windmill I would like to see you windmill sideways instead of forwards (if this makes sense), I would also like to see you keep the weight more vertical.

For your tuck-up I would like you to keep your arms locked and bring them downward as you tuck so that they are in line with your shins. (This will help you tuck more).

Yo! Do these look any better?

Benjamin Nutt

Hey all. Bumping this thread to get feedback on last week's training (above).

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Benjamin,

Nice improvement on your tuck ups. Your form looks good. On your iM bring your legs a bit closer together. Great job!

Benjamin Nutt

Hey all,

did week 11 last week, so checking for Mastery:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Benjamin,

Your form on your tuck ups looks good. Work on doing your tuck ups at the pace of the Follow Along video. Doing each exercise with the Follow Along will help you to build the endurance needed for more advanced progressions.

Can you also upload another video of your iM where your entire body is visible?

Benjamin Nutt
On 11/6/2017 at 11:44 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Benjamin,

Your form on your tuck ups looks good. Work on doing your tuck ups at the pace of the Follow Along video. Doing each exercise with the Follow Along will help you to build the endurance needed for more advanced progressions.

Can you also upload another video of your iM where your entire body is visible?

Here's a 200% Mastery Set done at the pace of the follow-along videos:

 

and here's mobility:

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Benjamin,

Awesome job on your PE. On your iM try to keep the weight directly over your shoulder the entire time. You can see in your video that you have a tendency to drop the weight behind you at the bottom of the exercise. As you stand up, engage your core muscles to keep your ribs from sticking out. Nice work!

Benjamin Nutt

@Jeffrey Bittner I still feel like I'm struggling with this iM! Any insight here to pretty this up?

 

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Janyicsek

Hy Benjamin! 

It looks like you hold the weight on the wrong side. The weight should be on the left arm when your right foot points out, and on the right arm when your left foot is pointing out. 

pay more attention to your foot position when you do this exercise and keep the legs always looked. 

work with the same amount of detail here like in the movement course and you got it in no time. 

Keep up the good work! 

Daniel

(edit: On your previous form check  you did it correct, compare them! )

Benjamin Nutt

:facepalm: Didn’t even notice my foot position. Thanks, @Daniel Janyicsek.

Do those precious form checks meet the standard for Mastery, out of curiosity?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Benjamin,

Good suggestions from @Daniel Janyicsek. It looks like lower hamstring flexibility is your biggest roadblock on this exercise. I recommend placing an emphasis on your Front Split and Middle Split courses as many of the stretches in these two courses directly target the hamstrings. You might consider including one stretch from each course into your daily warm up to ensure that you are targeting tight areas on a daily basis.

Benjamin Nutt
On 1/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Benjamin,

Good suggestions from @Daniel Janyicsek. It looks like lower hamstring flexibility is your biggest roadblock on this exercise. I recommend placing an emphasis on your Front Split and Middle Split courses as many of the stretches in these two courses directly target the hamstrings. You might consider including one stretch from each course into your daily warm up to ensure that you are targeting tight areas on a daily basis.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. 

Wondering: what *is* the standard for Mastery on this movement? Ability to touch the floor with a flat hand? Ability to touch the rear leg? A certain depth requirement? Would love something objective with which to work. :)

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Benjamin,

Aim to reach your current depth with good form and you'll be ready to move on!