This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scap Shrug - target muscles

Started by Jeffrey Mailly, September 4, 2017 · 2 Replies · 101 Views

Jeffrey Mailly

I've been loathing the scap shrugs every time they come up in my weekly rotation. Mostly because I get bewildered by the movement of my shoulder blades in combination with my shoulders. I am really feeling a good burn in my deltoids when I perform this movement. Should I be feeling it there or not? My scaps are protracting and retracting a lot - pretty good ROM. It's just my deltoids that make this a pain in the ass to do.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Jeffrey,

I'm not a coach but I suppose so.  I feel it a lot in my shoulders too... and abs! Since the shrugs are to work stabilizers on and around delt. it makes sense to feel the burn there.

Everett Carroll

Hey Jeffrey,

Yes, it's common to fatigue in the shoulders during these. Welcome to planche training! :)