For the last six weeks, I have hit a plateau for my upper body conditioning in F1. does any one know how this could have happened and how to progress past this obstacle?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Adam Rodwell, September 4, 2017 · 6 Replies · 183 Views
For the last six weeks, I have hit a plateau for my upper body conditioning in F1. does any one know how this could have happened and how to progress past this obstacle?
Hi Adam,
Hitting a plateau is a battle that all of us face at some point. Going back and mastering the previous exercises is key, switching up your routine is also a nice refresher.
Can you be a bit more specific as to what PE you are stuck on in F1? Please share a video of your progress as well so we can help get you over your stuck points. Coaches eye goes a long way. ![]()
Also how often do you train? How hard do you push yourself in each workout? It is very easy to do a mistake here. If you are to motivated you might workout to hard and often and your body will not have recovered until the next workout. Or perhaps you can push harder and increase the amount of workouts per week pass this plateau.
Furthermore, don´t forget that it is strong advised to increase in micro steps. So say if you can do 4x6 going tpo 4x9 might be to much but if you do it in steps of 4 x 7, 4 x 8 then 4 x 9 it might go better. For me this have made a big difference.
11 hours ago, Tobias Karlsson said:Also how often do you train? How hard do you push yourself in each workout? It is very easy to do a mistake here. If you are to motivated you might workout to hard and often and your body will not have recovered until the next workout. Or perhaps you can push harder and increase the amount of workouts per week pass this plateau.
Furthermore, don´t forget that it is strong advised to increase in micro steps. So say if you can do 4x6 going tpo 4x9 might be to much but if you do it in steps of 4 x 7, 4 x 8 then 4 x 9 it might go better. For me this have made a big difference.
Tobias, I train 6 days a week, and I push myself quite hard. However, I did take a week off and the results were the same as before so I don't think I was going overboard with training.
Your advice on scaling with smaller steps is something I haven't done yet, it sounds like a really good idea and I feel stupid for not thinking about it haha thanks.
Should I rest in-between sets? and if I do for how long?
The rest in between the sets should be limited to the mobility elements. the ability to use short rest period and optimizing the rest it is the basis of the programming for the beginners.