This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1 Form Check

Started by Andrew Rupp, September 1, 2017 · 3 Replies · 37 Views

Andrew Rupp

Am I getting enough rotation on these? I'm much more restricted when turning to the right, as I can feel tightness in my right hip trying to pull that knee wider. My internal rotation is still pretty limited on both hips, and I think an especially tight psoas on the right is limiting that side. 

Is the ROM here satisfactory? If not, any advice on getting that more open? 

I'm attaching a side view and straight on view of the 3rd and 4th sets of the 4x24.

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Andrew,

Your rotation looks fine. Focus on keeping your knees together and your elbows straight the entire time.

For the iM, bring your feet together and work on pushing your hips out to the side more strongly. 

Andrew Rupp

Thanks Everett, I'll continue to fine tune and progress. Would this level of rotation and knee separation be an acceptable level for mastery on the movement?

Alessandro Mainente

Ideally knees separation should be minimized because it represents a compensation of the hips that tend to follow the spine movement.