This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 2 Front support

Started by Dominik Greven, September 1, 2017 · 4 Replies · 90 Views

Dominik Greven

Hi, I just started with the Fundamentals. 

I stumbled across the front support. Watching the videos and doing the posture myself I looks and feels like i have to actively choose to be kyphotic. Why would you want that. Couldn't you engage the pectorals and still stay relatively flat in you upper thoracic spine?

I've seen this done before - so I am more bewildered than suggesting that the posture would be wrong. 
I would be happy about feedback.

Everett Carroll

Great question, Dominik. 

The shape you are noticing is due to spreading the shoulder blades apart (protraction of the scapula). This has more to do with maximizing leverage later on in your strength training than it does with pec activation. 

Dominik Greven

Thanks Everett, that was a great reply. It gives me a chance to better feel for the motion that the position is looking for. Thanks!

 

Daylon Teel

Hello. I just started the fundamentals course and am on day 2. What exactly should we be focusing on for these four exercises of prone and supine? I feel like I am able to lay flat for both but not sure what I am suppose to be looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

hey daylon, have you read my last answer here?