This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching Routine of Advanced GB Practitioners

Started by Christopher Haddock, September 1, 2017 · 6 Replies · 299 Views

Christopher Haddock

I would be curious to hear from some advanced Gymnasticbodies practitioners - what is your flexibility training routine?  I've been doing the stretch series (all 3 videos) for over a year now and have GREATLY benefited.  Flexibility/mobility is now my favorite part of my GB training (before GB I focused on weightlifting and WODs, so that is a big change for me!). Should I keep doing the 3 days per week of the video series and light stretching on other days or do advanced practitioners ramp it up?  What is your specific flexibility training routine each week? Thanks in advanced for any insights!  Christopher

Everett Carroll
5 hours ago, Christopher Haddock said:

Should I keep doing the 3 days per week of the video series and light stretching on other days

Yes, do not add any more deep stretching to your schedule. I perform each once per week and no more. You don't need any more than that. 

Christopher Haddock

Thanks Everett.  I'll do that.  Christopher

Dan Ordoins

So not much stretching outside of the  series?  Just light mobility work on off days. I tend to want to do more on the off days too. 

Luke Searra

Dan more is not always more in the case of stretching and can reach a point where it may even become counterproductive to your progress. Just light mobility on your off days is fine, it will also help you create a positive attitude and mentality toward stretching and look forward to every session of it.

Dan Ordoins
10 hours ago, Luke Searra said:

Dan more is not always more in the case of stretching and can reach a point where it may even become counterproductive to your progress. Just light mobility on your off days is fine, it will also help you create a positive attitude and mentality toward stretching and look forward to every session of it.

Thanks!

Luke Searra

You are absolutely welcome!