This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New Foundation 1 Lower Body

Started by Darin Denman, August 31, 2017 · 2 Replies · 167 Views

Darin Denman

Question,

I am getting back to training after a bad car accident.  I noticed the Lower body workout has changed and what used to be the first PE is now the last one in Foundation 1.  I have a powerlifting background and can already do Pistols with added resistance for reps(6-8 reps BW + 25lb DB).  I am lagging in the upper body stuff so I will be in Foundation 1 for a while getting my upper body straightened out, but what should I do for Lower body until I am ready to purchase Foundation 2??  Should I just do some weightlifting (squat, DL Clean, Snatch) using F1 as a warmup or do you have another suggestion?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Darin, my suggestion it is to maintain your schedule if you want but perform the additional exercises at the beginning of legs program, they are extremely beneficial to release hips capsule.

Nicholas Kuhl

as @Alessandro Mainente suggests, I use the foundation legs progression as my warmup for whatever session I put it in.  Though the late stages of F1 can get pretty tiring if your conditioning is lagging - the last one is basically 100 squats (10 for the PE and then 10 for the IM per set) non-stop if I recall correctly.

Then I would train whatever squat variation I had programmed for the day.  I've also used it as the warmup for my F1 upper body days, with a few other things thrown in.