P-Bars Support Swing

Started by Jacob Marks, March 15, 2010 · 1 Replies · 1,562 Views

Jacob Marks

http://www.i-needtoknow.com/iarov/iarov.html

"Edouard feels that the biggest mistake coaches make on parallel bars is too much emphasize on the swing forward. He taught this way too for many years until, by observing some of the most consistent of the Soviet team, he changed to teaching all ascending swings forward from the bottom."

This is a section of notes taken from a camp lead by Eduard Iarov, he talks about seperating training of ascending and descending swings...

Coach Sommer,

I was wondering if you would be able to elaberate on this idea and technique of too much empasis on the front swing, is this saying to hollow earlier at the bottom will be more productive on stutz and diamodov type skills???

Respectfuly,

Coach Jacob Marks

Blairbob

Mark, I'm not Coach Sommer, but at the most Region 1 Congress, one of the presenters (if you want to know I will tell you by PM), talked about PB swing as an open-hip/tight arch swing. It was rather different.

Basically the gymnast would get into the support position and push their hips forward and focus on swinging this way. It's rather peculiar. I'd need to dig up my notes on it once I'm finally moved in (they are in storage).

I've tried it myself but haven't really worked it much with my guys as I think they are not ready yet possibly (L4-5).

It's definitely some food for thought as we prepare to go into off-season mode. Thanks for that article link.