This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE6 elevated plank lean

Started by Jin Liu, August 30, 2017 · 7 Replies · 184 Views

Jin Liu

Hi, how does it look? Is there enough lean? Thank you!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jin,

It looks pretty good. You are picking up too much hollow in your back. Keep in mind that protraction and hollow are two different things. Protraction is the lateral movement of the scapula while hollow is the rounding of the spine. Keep working on protracting the scapula while maintaining a straight spine. You're super close on your lean as well. Just a bit more and you'll have it. Nice job!

Bill Marr

Hey Jeffrey. Your comment is a revelation to me. I'm sure I've read and heard it a thousand times but your differentiation between protraction and hollow has finally penetrated my thick skull :). I have been struggling with sPL/PE4 Single Arm Planks for some time. After reading your comment, I revisited sPL/PE3 Planks and tried Step 9 this morning with not only pushing down hard for hollow but pushing out hard for protraction. Couldn't hold one set for the full 60 seconds. So it's a step back to PE3 to master it properly. In doing so, I know it will benefit many other areas in the course as well (HBP & HS2 specifically).

Thanks for flunking me our of PE4!

Jin Liu

How's this attempt? I went ahead and laid out 2 screenshots to compare cuz I'm a nerd :P

does it look like my lean reduced in this attempt?

 

8AF9A24A-7E5E-4B10-B91D-F3ABDD92B225.jpg

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

For the planche lean: The heel of your hands need to be placed fairly close to if not just below the top of your hips.
Going off of the pictures... if your toes were almost on the front edge of your bench rather than closer to the back edge, your overall body position would be where it needs to be. 

Prior to moving onto sPL/SE1 the continued development of your spinal erectors and the rest of your "Core" is needed for sPL/SE1>iM. Also, continue doing your best to maintain a posterior pelvic tilt. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice adjustment, Jin! Like you said, your lean still needs some work, but your overall planche position looks much better. Rayne-William gave some good advice, remember to keep PPT. Keep up the great work!

Jin Liu

How does it look? Is the lean good enough for this PE? Thanks! 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job, Jin! It looks good.