This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout programming

Started by David Belcher, August 29, 2017 · 3 Replies · 128 Views

David Belcher

GB Team,

I've been making pretty good progress with the Foundations.  About to be through all of foundation 1 within a year.  Just wondering what most of you are doing for training.  I follow Coach's suggestion and train each skill once a week.  Is that what most of you have been doing?  What have you found effective?  

Thank you!

David

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi David,

It's been about a year for me too, but switched to twice a week for almost everything quickly (F7, H1, H2, T1). Excepted the stretch series that are recommanded to do only once a week, the rest would be not enough for me to progress correctly.  The workout volume would be too low.

I also started to do a 30 minutes limbering prior of my workouts to loosen a little bit up, everyday.

If it goes well for you, keep doing what's working, but if you want to try something else, try progressively adding volume to your weeks :)

 

Everett Carroll
18 hours ago, David Belcher said:

I follow Coach's suggestion and train each skill once a week.

I go for upper body 2x per week now but that should be built into gradually. 

I train core only once since my other training and hobbies (rock climbing, mostly) are quite core intensive.

Lower is also 2x. When time allows, usually on the weekends, I'll do lower body and follow it up with a run or swim and the front split stretch series. 

David Belcher

Nice!  Good feedback!  I think I'll start increasing mine to 2x a week as well.