This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

StrPL PE1+iM

Started by Benjamin Nutt, August 29, 2017 · 7 Replies · 78 Views

Benjamin Nutt

Hey all. Never done a form check before, and I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly before progressing to later elements. 

This video is my final set from today's session of 4*12r. Here's the link to the video. Please pardon the sniffling and loud breathing, I'm feeling a little stuffy today :P

Looking forward to the feedback.

Everett Carroll

Hey Benjamin,

For the PE

- Nice body line.

- Do your best to minimize the forward movement of your shoulders as you retract. Aim to keep them stacked over your wrists.

- Can you please send in a video from a higher angle (same shot as the exercise video from your course library is preferred)? It will help us better see your protraction and retraction. 

For the iM

- Keep a 90-degree angle at your knee.

-Be sure both glutes remain on the floor. If your knees drop to the left side then your right glute is going to want to lift up. 

Keep up the hard work!

 

Benjamin Nutt

Thanks for the feedback! I'll record another video next time I train this movement.

Benjamin Nutt

this, sadly, is the best angle I can get for protraction/retraction :(

 

focus for the iM was keeping glutes on the ground and keeping legs at 90*.

Everett Carroll
31 minutes ago, Benjamin Nutt said:

this, sadly, is the best angle I can get for protraction/retraction :(

Nice protraction and body line. Can you feel your shoulder blades touching when you retract?

32 minutes ago, Benjamin Nutt said:

focus for the iM was keeping glutes on the ground and keeping legs at 90*.

Try to get your outside knee down just as low as the inside one on each rep. From there, the goal is to get both knees to the ground. 

Benjamin Nutt
3 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Nice protraction and body line. Can you feel your shoulder blades touching when you retract?

Try to get your outside knee down just as low as the inside one on each rep. From there, the goal is to get both knees to the ground. 

RE: shoulder blades touching: not always. I feel it in later sets, but in the first set or two I don't necessarily feel it.

RE: mobility: what counts as mastery on this iM? Both knees touching the floor?

Everett Carroll
21 hours ago, Benjamin Nutt said:

RE: shoulder blades touching: not always. I feel it in later sets, but in the first set or two I don't necessarily feel it.

Your goal is to get them to touch each rep. If you find a way to get a better angle please send that footagr in. 

21 hours ago, Benjamin Nutt said:

Both knees touching the floor?

Yes.

Benjamin Nutt
31 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Your goal is to get them to touch each rep. If you find a way to get a better angle please send that footagr in. 

Yes.

Heard. I've got some work to do!