This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thrive - Love it but still hungry...

Started by Kevin Amoroso, August 28, 2017 · 5 Replies · 144 Views

Kevin Amoroso

Good morning GB community. I have completed and currently following the Thrive program. I find this to be the best approach to nutrition I have come across and have been shedding weight while maintaining strength and energy. However, there are some evenings (evenings mainly) that it feels as if I can't get full. My body is wanting, and possibly needing, more. What is a good approach to this "problem"?

Thank you!

Everett Carroll

Nice job completing Thrive, Kevin!

Are you still looking to lose some fat or have you already reached your ideal composition? 

Kevin Amoroso

Thanks, Everett!

Yes, I'd like to continue losing fat.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Everett Carroll

Since you're still wanting to lose fat then hunger just might be a factor. However, I have one strategy up my sleeve: if you're not already maxing them out, increase the protein portion sizes for lunch and dinner AND add some extra protein to breakfast.

I always add some egg whites from a carton to my omelet (leafy greens, about 2 tablespoons of egg whites, 3-4 fresh eggs, and a grass-fed beef sausage is one of my frequent recipes). An organic lifeway kefir is my lazy alternative. 

I'm recommending this because protein is extremely satiating, will help preserve muscle as you continue to lose fat, and has the least potential to cause you to stop losing fat despite a caloric increase. I'm sure Jeff will chime in on here as well; I'm curious to hear what he has to add but that's my best suggestion. 

Kevin Amoroso

Sounds easy enough to me! Thank you very much. I will look into some of the foods you mentioned. But all and all, that makes sense.

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me with that info. It's greatly appreciated and I hope this can also help others.

Jeff Serven

Good point Everett 

Also Kevin, generally when we eat "heathy" our appetite lags 1 meal. This is one reason why its so difficult to figure nutrition out. When you are ravenously hungry after a meal you need to look at the one prior. Kevin, along with Everetts suggestions try and bump up lunch.