This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated bridge push up

Started by Jin Liu, August 27, 2017 · 8 Replies · 150 Views

Jin Liu

How does it look? Thank you!

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Jin,

Looking good. Just make sure to make each rep consistent. Keep up the good work. :)

Jin Liu
28 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi Jin,

Looking good. Just make sure to make each rep consistent. Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you Leo! My range reduced quite a bit in the last several reps. I'll try to touch my head to the floor in every rep in the future :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jin on both the tap and push up you need to have the shoulders opened at the end of the push up. so my suggestion it is to move the feet one step higher.

Jin Liu
11 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Jin on both the tap and push up you need to have the shoulders opened at the end of the push up. so my suggestion it is to move the feet one step higher.

Will do. Thanks!

Jin Liu

Better? Didn't push out 10reps, but I think the form is better and more consistent?

 

Alessandro Mainente

NIce open shoulders Jin, now try to minimize the amount of the lateral movement of the elbows. generally, during a bridge push up they should be aligned with the elbow and the forearm must be always vertical. at the moment where you move the elbows to the side, the forearm begins to more inclined than vertical.

Jin Liu

I see. Will correct that next time. Thanks! :)

Jin Liu

I have to say I'm in love with this I once considered "self-abusive" exercise. It opens the shoulders so much, and it feels so good! I can see how it'll improve my overhead presses, esp the awkward behind the neck overhead presses. Anyways, once you get through the painful stage of opening the chest and shoulders (well, you can always scale it up, and will face another painful stage, lol), it feels so good that you will crave for it. 

My elbows in the video below may still be a bit inclined and not vertical to the floor. But better than last time :). I also have a better idea of how to make them vertical next time. Dropping the head a bit further away from the hands helps.