This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS shoulder flexion

Started by Jin Liu, August 27, 2017 · 5 Replies · 167 Views

Jin Liu

The first time I do the bridge series I stopped here. I was completely beat, and I couldn't even hold a HS. Today is the 2nd time (after like a couple months, lol, cuz I was so discouraged), and I got passed this point! With the help of my feet, I did a few shoulder flexions. As I get better, I won't use my feet to assist. Other than that, is the flexion ok? Thanks!

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Jin, 

Looks great. I suggest trying it in the wall next time. :)

Jennifer Marie

I second what Leo said. I found it easier to have my feet pointed up the wall than hooked on the stall bar.

I love the slow negative handstand pushup to roll out of it, by the way. That takes some good strength, Jin Liu. 

Jin Liu
29 minutes ago, Jennifer Marie said:

I second what Leo said. I found it easier to have my feet pointed up the wall than hooked on the stall bar.

I love the slow negative handstand pushup to roll out of it, by the way. That takes some good strength, Jin Liu. 

you saw i was being REALLY REALLY REALLY cautious. LOL! :D

Jin Liu

I finally had a chance to try it on the wall! Notnsure what took so long, lol. Anyways, you guys are absolutely right, @Leo Trinidad @Jennifer Marie. Wall feels better! Even though I first thought was that stall bars help take away my weight a bit because I can hook my toes on the bar. Now I know that’s unnecessary.

I think my later reps are a bit better than the first a few. I wasn’t doing PPT properly at the beginning. Let me know what you think :) 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Jin Liu,

Huge improvement and a lot better. :)