This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stress felt in Knee during the Floating Pancake, Pancake Circle/Bounce/Walk

Started by Adam Dunn, August 27, 2017 · 2 Replies · 88 Views

Adam Dunn

Hi guys just after a few tips,

 

I find when I'm performing the Floating pancake and the associated pancake movements (bounce, circle, walk) during middle split, I don't actually feel any tension/stretch in the adductors. I mostly feel the strain around the medial area of the knee joint. This starts to feel a little bit like instability after the stretching session is finished, and in some cases actually ends up aching in the knee the next couple of days.

Can anyone give me any tips as to why that might be the case, and possible fixes? I have tried to back off the intensity by narrowing the straddle, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't think that I am straddling too wide - in fact i can comfortably straddle further with still very little tension in the adductor/hamstrings. I do perform these movements on a block at the moment, because without one I cannot keep anterior pelvic tilt through any real range of motion. During the wall split and the isometric splits I will almost always have a wider split, and feel the tension in the adductor/hamstring (where i presume I should).  Would love to hear others opinions/ comments about this,

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

hey Adam, the problem here it is still adductors. gracilis and sartorius attach under the knee passing on its medial edge, this mean that dring split you can hear a stretch here, like a littel needle. the stretch f these muscles has nothing to do with hamstring.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey Adam,

I had the same problem (needle feeling around the knee area) when I started 11 months ago, but have improved over time.