Front Hip Circle

Started by jamesters, March 14, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,014 Views

jamesters

I've been told different techniques for doing front hip circles.

1)Some told me to arch the back and basically fall forward then whip the body around.

2) Another told me to start in hollow with the thighs up higher on the bar then fall forward and close the body to get around.

Which is better, or what is correct? The second one tends to crush my package since you have to start with the thighs lifted higher on the bar. I can do it either method but I'm wondering what's the best way for me to train it.

Blairbob

technique 1 is the old school way of doing it. it's easier for beginners and from a gross motor pattern view you do it this way first, then go back and teach the hollow technique (typically because they will pike too much or stay too hollow when learning version 2.)