Hello! I would greatly appreciate some advice on my form of the forearm headstand. I feel ready to move on but wanted to have my form evaluated. Thank you!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Devon O'Neal, August 26, 2017 · 6 Replies · 73 Views
Hello! I would greatly appreciate some advice on my form of the forearm headstand. I feel ready to move on but wanted to have my form evaluated. Thank you!
Good job so far, Devon. Remember to engage your core and your gluts as you hold your headstand to help keep a straight body line. Also, try to keep your heels together and feet in line with one another as you hold. You can see in your video that there is a small separation in the feet.
On your iM make sure your elbows are completely straight. Work on bringing your hands in to shoulder width as well.
Thank you Jeffrey! I will continue to work on it.
Hey Devon my impression it is that in the IM there is not the correct amount of upper body lean. please post a side view for a complete reeview.
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Devon my impression it is that in the IM there is not the correct amount of upper body lean. please post a side view for a complete reeview.
Thanks, Alessandro!
As I was supposing the lean it is not enough.
If you look carefully to the course video you will notice that as the arms are flexed the body lean forward so that the traps can maximize their work.
Thank you Alessandro! I have a hard time with the shoulder mobility exercises, and I believe I may have moved forward prematurely on the earlier shoulder mobility exercises of the handstand series. I will continue to practice these exercises.