This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE11 and FL/PE12 question

Started by Christian Nogueira, August 24, 2017 · 8 Replies · 239 Views

Christian Nogueira

So today I was able to master FL/PE10. In two weeks, after deload I'll progress into FL/PE11. I took some time to check what was available on the gym, but I had no suitable place where I could do this exercise.

However, I've found by setting the rings just low enough that I can grab them with completely locked arms (no less, no more) with shoulders aligned under the rings I can do the body levers and they seem to be harder (but not absurdly harder) than the body lever with arms grabbing something behind my head. It also seems to hit the lats as I have to pull the rings down in order to have leverage for the exercise. It really feels like an assisted front lever which I think is the point of this progression.

Would this be acceptable for mastery of FL/PE11 and FL/PE12 ?

Jin Liu

I saw ppl doing it with a smith machine. I imagine even a bench press rack, or a power rack may work too. I'd be surprised if a gym doesn't have these since they are pretty popular. But the popularity of these equipments pose another problem. I imagine doing the straight arm body lever with rings are much harder...

Good luck finding what you need.

Everett Carroll

Hey Christian,

Send in a form check so we can be 100% sure but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be fine. 

Christian Nogueira

Will do, but probably only on next Wednesday. It'll be my deload week so it'll be good to try it. 

Maybe you could try it as well as and see what you think ;).

Christian Nogueira

So I did a couple reps after doing my Movement workout today. Here they are. Please note that this movement is quite hard for me (you can see I get piked at the last bit of the movement and tempo is faster there... this is something that I expect will improve with practice, in fact I think I'll start at week 1 with this one to really get it right). I'm really stoked for this one as it's quite harder than the regular dragon flag (even if it's a negative) and it really pumps the lats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jDTr8mDBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li926ie6uKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vuM_H8koc

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Christian, this is definitely harder compared to normal body lever. unfortunately one of the focus point it is the arms held in a vertical position. do you have another way to perform the exercise or it is your only equipment?

Christian Nogueira

Only way.

I can put my arms more vertical, by adjusting the rings, i.e if my body is a bit more in front. I do notice that the more vertical the arms are the easier it is.

Everett Carroll
On 8/30/2017 at 11:54 AM, Christian Nogueira said:

I do notice that the more vertical the arms are the easier it is.

Keep the arms vertical for now. It feels harder when your arms are at an angle because that increases demand on the lats. 

Christian Nogueira

Will do. I'll keep you guys posted with my progress.