I just finished a cycle of planche leans and was about to do the same again for another cycle when I walked past some elastic straps (4 for 2pound) in Wilkinsons and thought I'd give that a shot. They even have hooks on each end so are easy to loop back on themselves and attach to stuff. So far my tuck planche is only about 5secs max and didn't want to rush into that too quickly but trying it with elastic bands was brilliant!
I just attached a couple to my pull-up bar and attached the bottom to an old leather weight lifting belt for comfort. I tend to grab some dumbbells (without the nuts tight so they roll a bit and you have to balance), and I just slid my feet into the belt. This helped enormously and pushed my max hold time to around the 30 second mark. The balance factor seemed to make me tighten everything up a lot more than just doing planche leans, because my feet and hands can wobble. The balance factor made it much more fun aswell! I imagine once I get up to a minute of this variation I could just use 1 strap and then eventually none (or even a more elastic or slightly longer strap so there's less tension).
Has anyone else tried to make the jump to tuck planches with elastic straps or assistance? This has given me loads of ideas now for all sorts of exercises where the jump in each progression is a little severe.