This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 form check

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, August 23, 2017 · 13 Replies · 139 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

I've been on MN PE1 for a while now and still try to stick my knees to my chest.  Here's a video where I'm trying to touch and also trying to hold.  Obviously, I can't keep the contact, but how is it?

 

Alessandro Mainente

First keep the legs together, second, you probably have to pass 10 minutes a day in the deep-legs together - squat position in order to increase the compression.

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

second, you probably have to pass 10 minutes a day in the deep-legs together - squat position in order to increase the compression.

Hi Alessandro,

What do you mean by that exactly?

Suzanna McGee

Sit in the deep squat, knees together, (brush your teeth like Mats Trane  ;-) ) for 10 minutes a day.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Oh I see! Will do :)

Affan Osman

I am in a similar position with this one. When i sit in a deep squat with my knees together my ankles go up due to lack of mobility. For compression purposes is it better to go down completely with raised ankle or only go down so much without ankles being raised?

Étienne Lajeunesse
17 minutes ago, Affan Osman said:

I am in a similar position with this one. When i sit in a deep squat with my knees together my ankles go up due to lack of mobility. For compression purposes is it better to go down completely with raised ankle or only go down so much without ankles being raised?

I suppose you better keep everything down.  Are you falling backward when you try to stay in deep squat?

For my part, I have the same issue, but I'm still able to keep myself straight (with my arms extended forward).  It just makes the compression work harder on the hip flexors.

Affan Osman

Yes I fall backward. I have to hold light weight to keep my feet on the ground. I think i will do a bit of both with and without weight. 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Keep working on your ankle mobility and hips too.  I also feel it a lot on the shin after a good work.  So yeah, both strength and mobility.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

Is this what you mean't by deep squat?  Am I doing it correctly?

*By the way, these are pictures.Screenshot_20170828-225219.thumb.png.005422f556687e2954758ae1bd874f28.pngScreenshot_20170828-225259.thumb.png.08803904b21c0049abeda385cb3b5631.png

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

yes I mean exactly that, as you can see the gravity force it is enough to compress you to the legs but when it begins to be fewer things become harder. spend more time here, and try to actively push your knee to the chest, you should feel hips flexor work.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

Here's a follow up for MN PE1, any feedbacks?

Thanks :)

Alessandro Mainente

Nice compression here, if IM and set x reps are mastered you can move on.

Étienne Lajeunesse
30 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Nice compression here, if IM and set x reps are mastered you can move on.

That was a form check, I'll send a mastery at step 9.

Thanks :)