This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall Runs PE8 form check (1-year anniversary)

Started by Suzanna McGee, August 23, 2017 · 6 Replies · 292 Views

Suzanna McGee

It's been my 1-year anniversary on Gymnastic Bodies… :D  The Handstand was my first course I bought for my 51-year birthday… Now, one year later, I am on the PE8 Wall Runs, 5x30r. Documented below is my fifth set. I would never believe that this thing could ever feel easy for me—but the moment has arrived. :P

I am wondering how else to clean up my form before trying the next element? Thank you, all coaches, and fellow GBers, for your support during this year!!!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice Suzanna, you can clean the form.

1-keep the hands under the shoulders every time you are in the handstand position

2-heel should touch. never spread the legs. 

3-feet must remain in the same position while hips move to the sides.

Suzanna McGee

This is great, @Alessandro Mainente, thank you so much. I will clean it up according to your suggestions. I kind of learned how to love these wall runs, so it's good  that can spend more quality time with them. :)

Suzanna McGee

@Alessandro Mainente, am I on the right track applying your tips with these wall runs ? I plan to stay on them for a while to "prettify" them, just want to see if I am focusing on the right things. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice. last correction: look to your right hands. when you put it down on the floor you have the tendency to place it NOT directly under the shoulder. it is a matter of a couple of cms but I can ensure you that the sensation of stable support it is higher than before.

Suzanna McGee
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very nice. last correction: look to your right hands. when you put it down on the floor you have the tendency to place it NOT directly under the shoulder. it is a matter of a couple of cms but I can ensure you that the sensation of stable support it is higher than before.

I can see it now. I even looked frame-by-frame, and there is an obvious difference on the right (vs left) side. I did not feel it. Thank you, I will pay attention to it and practice. I do feel less stability on my right side, and this is the answer! Grazie mille, Alessandro!

Samin Ishtiaq

Looks very nice, @Suzanna McGee --- I'm jealous! 

I too have a tendency to not keep my heels together, especially on my left side, when my right arm is holding me up. I was told that I might have a slight tightness in the left glute.