This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE11 - Wrist Wall Handstand Form Check

Started by Gregory Sand, August 23, 2017 · 6 Replies · 107 Views

Gregory Sand

Hi All... I've got a couple questions!  I've been stuck on PE11 for while now, am planning on being here a little while longer, but wanted to get a form check etc before I am tempted to move ahead.  I'm actually at 4x 48s, but was feeling god my first couple sets so decided to push it a little on the volume side. Ended up doing 5 sets... this was the last set where I lost balance around 55s (1.5x speed in video). Previous sets were 61, 62, 60, 62, and this 55 second hold.  

My primary question (today) is... SHOULD MY HAND PLACEMENT BE A LITTLE CLOSER TOGETHER?  Wrists are pretty darn close to the wall, if I were place them closer my chest would push me away from the wall. Line has gotten much better as I've progressed (focusing on post tilt) but I'm still working on it. 

Secondary question... look decent otherwise? 

Side note: I do see some imbalance in my set up, but I attribute that to shoulder surgeries (both), one of which was a total repair with bicep tenodesis (reattached to humerus)... I am aware if this and and consistently working on it.

Thanks in advance

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Gregory,

Nice work! The distance between your hands looks good. Keep working on pushing taller through the shoulders as you hold. Can you also post a side view?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Gregory if possible I would like to have a side view without the T-shirt.

Gregory Sand

Here's a side view of me playing with PE12 last week... I can video PE11 as well if this isn't sufficient.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Gregory,

It looks good! Can you also post PE11 with your shirt off like Alex requested?

Gregory Sand

Yup, will do when I go to gym this afternoon!

Gregory Sand

Side View...