Danny Rodriguez of France on Rings

Started by Coach Sommer, March 14, 2010 · 9 Replies · 3,645 Views

Coach Sommer

GfjKLvcmVWA

From 2006, this routine is packed with strength elements. As you may remember, Danny was the first athlete to compete the victorian (at the 0:31 mark).

Notice also the slow inlocate he performs at the start of his routine. When training higher level ring strength elements, it is imperative that a substantial degree of focus is directed toward maintaining shoulder girdle mobility and avoiding muscle imbalances between the front and rear delts.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

kintelary

The victorian looks like the opposite of the maltese. That would definately require balance between front and rear delts, etc. Impressive control.

Thanks for the inspiration (as always). :)

Jeremy McColl

Wow that's amazing!!

Came across this video on youtube too:

OvPV3GMn6Gw

highest difficulty on rings Rodrigues at 6:40

Alessandro Mainente

i can't believe in a level of strength like this...no words...the victorian...

Longshanks

The shocking thing is you can almost see the relief on his face when he switches from victorian to L-sit cross.... As though that's his little 'break time' in between the real moves.... lol.

Gregor
Longshanks said:
The shocking thing is you can almost see the relief on his face when he switches from victorian to L-sit cross.... As though that's his little 'break time' in between the real moves.... lol.

It is actualy!! I always "rest" in crosses...

yogichuck

Coach- Thanks for pointing out the importance of maintaining a balance between the front and rear delts. My current training and activities (yoga, gymnastics, karate, etc) are placing too much emphasis on the front delts. What are some specific gymnastics (ring, P-bars, etc) strength training exercises/moves that will isolate or target the rear delts if I can't quite manage the "victorian" just yet?!

Thanks

Yogichuck

Razz
Gregor said:
Longshanks said:
The shocking thing is you can almost see the relief on his face when he switches from victorian to L-sit cross.... As though that's his little 'break time' in between the real moves.... lol.

It is actualy!! I always "rest" in crosses...

Hmmm I thought I'd be able to do a decent rings competition once I attain a cross, think I have to rest in l-sit :lol:

Gregor
Razz said:
Gregor said:
Longshanks said:
The shocking thing is you can almost see the relief on his face when he switches from victorian to L-sit cross.... As though that's his little 'break time' in between the real moves.... lol.

It is actualy!! I always "rest" in crosses...

Hmmm I thought I'd be able to do a decent rings competition once I attain a cross, think I have to rest in l-sit :lol:

:D

Hardest parts are not pure holds but transitions to it. Bascily if you can't hold the end hold position from transition, then transition takes to much energy from you and not the end hold position by itself.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

rodrigues training:

floor routine :shock: